I've seen a lot of people (especially this week) talk about feeling the crunch of the holidays... and I am feeling it! But it's SO fun at the same time. I'm leaving for Colorado in 9 days and I have a LOT to do before then...
Things I need to do (in no particular order):
- Bake 4 batches of cookies for the family I nanny for (more info to come!).
- Watch Gone With the Wind with Paige (well maybe I don't need to do this, but I really want to).
- Have dinner with some friends tomorrow night.
- Christmas party with my small group Thursday night.
- Make a present for #4.
- Make one last present to take to CO.
- Pray that the 2 presents still in UPS land make it here on time.
- Celebrate Christmas with the kiddos I nanny for.
- Write a bunch of blog posts on all the cooking/crafting I've been doing lately.
- I'm sure there's a thousand things I'm forgetting.
While I'm working away, I'll leave you with some snazzy pictures of our newly organized refrigerator! (You can check out our pantry here.)
This time I picked up the plastic bins at Walmart (I happened to be there), and they were only $1.00 each!
The fridge wasn't quite as easy to categorize as the pantry was.
In the door we have most of the drinks, whipped cream, syrup and salsas.
The top shelf holds our leftovers and lemon/ginger water.
On the middle shelf we have our eggs, cream cheese and sour cream on the left. Vegetables in a plastic bin in the center, and yogurt on the right.
And you can see the bottom shelf has 3 bins. The right one contains tortillas, English muffins, and other breads. The center contains salad dressings, soy and teriyaki sauce and bacon bits (random, but I didn't know where to put them). And the left one contains traditional condiments (ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise) and cheeses.
The drawers underneath used to hold our veggies, but they are such a pain to open and close and things were going bad before we were using them. Now the left one holds some potatoes and the right one is holding meat!
This project took about 10 minutes total... now the real question is: Can we keep it looking this good???
Oh, our freezer, you ask?? Welp, we haven't exactly gotten there yet. But don't fret- I'll be sure to let you know when we do...
Gotta run! Hope you're enjoying this busy holiday season!